ITiCSE is a SIGCSE conference that has been held annually since 1996, in late June or early July. It has been held in many different countries (see list below). Attendance regularly exceeds 200. This conference brings together delegates from all over the world to address pressing issues in computing education. In addition to invited lectures, paper, panel, poster and "tips & techniques" sessions, the conference provides facilities and exposure for working groups of up to ten members, whose final reports may be published by SIGCSE. Exhibits and tutorials are also offered. Plus good food, good company and interesting locales. If you have never been to an ITiCSE, do yourself a favor and go. You will not regret it!
Typical ITiCSE Schedule
- Saturday Working groups arrive and meet
- Sunday Working groups meet, delegates arrive, opening reception
- Monday Conference opening, Keynote speech, followed by a full day of sessions
- Tuesday A.M.: Plenary meeting followed by sessions
- Tuesday P.M.: Tourist excursion(s)
- Tuesday Evening: Conference Dinner
- Wednesday Plenary meeting followed by a full day of sessions
- Poster sessions at coffee breaks Monday through Wednesday.
Proposing an ITiCSE Location
ITiCSE has been hosted by universities whose computing faculty are committed to the improvement of computing education. SIGCSE seeks proposals from universities interested in hosting ITiCSE. The conference normally takes place during the last week of June. More information.
Policies set by the SIGCSE Board regarding conferences:
- Program Chair Responsibilities - Guidelines to help ensure that conference programs provide both short and long term benefits to the conference attendees and the wider community.
- Presenter Substitution - Conference presenter substitution / no-show policy.
- Committee Remuneration Guidelines - Guidelines for the remuneration of volunteers who work on conference committees.
Past, present and future ITiCSE conferences
Follow the links to conference web sites of these "recent" conferences:
- ITiCSE 2013, July 1-3, University of Kent at Canterbury, United Kingdom
- ITiCSE 2012, July 1-5, Haifa, Israel
- ITiCSE 2011, June 25-29, Darmstadt, Germany
- ITiCSE 2010, June 26-30, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey
- ITiCSE 2009, Paris, France
- ITiCSE 2008, Madrid, Spain
- ITiCSE 2007, Dundee, Scotland
- ITiCSE 2006, Bologna, Italy
- ITiCSE 2005, Lisbon, Portugal
- ITiCSE 2004, Leeds, United Kingdom
- ITiCSE 2003, Thessaloniki, Greece
- ITiCSE 2002, Aarhus, Denmark
- ITiCSE 2001, Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom
- ITiCSE 2000, Helsinki, Finland
A History of SIGCSE Events (maintained by Henry Walker)