The Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education is organized by the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE) and is the organization’s flagship conference. It has been held annually in February or March in North America since 1970. The SIGCSE organization provides a forum for educators to discuss issues related to the development, implementation, and/or evaluation of computing programs, curricula, and courses, as well as syllabi, laboratories, and other elements of teaching and pedagogy.
The Technical Symposium addresses problems common among educators working to develop, implement and/or evaluate computing programs, curricula, and courses. The symposium provides a forum for sharing new ideas for syllabi, laboratories, and other elements of teaching and pedagogy, at all levels of instruction. The symposium provides a diverse selection of technical sessions and opportunities for learning and interaction. If you have never been to one, do yourself a favor and go. You will not regret it!
SIGCSE will award up to five travel grants per year to defray expenses of attending the annual Technical Symposium. See the travel grant page.
Exhibits at the Technical Symposium
The Technical Symposium has a large exhibit floor each year and vendors have many different sponsorship opportunities as well. Click here for information about corporate support for the Symposium. For more information please contact:
- SIGCSE Exhibit Management firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +1 609.344.1333
Technical Symposium Specific Policies
- Technical Symposium Steering Committee Membership and Terms of Reference
- Technical Symposium Site Visit Team - Structure of the SIGCSE Technical Symposium Site Visit Team and rotation of positions.
All Conference Policies
- Conference Chair Selection - Guidelines for the selection of conference chairs.
- Program Chair Responsibilities - Guidelines to help ensure that conference programs provide both short and long term benefits to the conference attendees and the wider community.
- Conflict of Interest - Conflict of Interest policy for all SIGCSE conferences.
- Presenter Substitution - Conference presenter substitution / no-show policy.
- Corporate Sponsorship - Guidelines for corporate support for conferences.
- Committee Remuneration Guidelines - Guidelines for the remuneration of volunteers who work on conference committees.
- Volunteer Travel Policy - Applies to travel by the SIGCSE Board and its representatives.
Technical Symposium History
- A History of SIGCSE Events - maintained by Susan Rodger.
- 50 Years of the Technical Symposium - A timeline of SIGCSE events and milestones built during 2018 by Briana Morrison.
Latest Technical Symposium
Follow the links to Technical Symposium summary pages and proceedings in the ACM DL. Browse by the proceeding covers.
- 54th SIGCSE TS 2023: Toronto, Ontario, CA, March 15-18, 2023.
- 53rd SIGCSE TS 2022: Providence, RI, USA, March 2-5, 2022.
- 52nd SIGCSE TS 2021: Virtual, March 13-20, 2021.
- View all Technical Symposium