Frequently Asked Questions
We are working hard to ensure that all of your questions can be answered by the area pages available from the main menu (to the left). We also know that some questions are just so common that a central collection of them, and their answers, can be a convenience.
If you can't find your question's answer here, please try the area page(s) linked to the main menu. If even those pages don't help you, please contact us.
- Is there a standard formatting guide for posters, like there is for the papers?
There is not a style sheet for poster submission. You may use single line spacing, as in the paper formatting or double-spacing. Most submissions are single column. Please provide the information requested on poster submission page
- Statement of Topic: A short title.
- Significance and Relevance of the Topic
- Content: A description of the expected content of the poster.
- Abstract (Description): The abstract is a short (800 characters, including whitespace) description of your poster.
- Is there any limit to the number of posters from the same faculty that could be accepted for presentation?:
Yes, there is a two-poster limit corresponding to the two poster sessions at SIGCSE. The author is expected to stand with their poster and use it as a starting point for discussion with colleagues who visit. The faculty member can only "man" one poster at each of the sessions.
- Even though I put the abstract in the box provided with the online submission form, do I also include the same abstract in the 2-page PDF file submission?:
Yes, we need the abstract in both places.
- Should the Significance and Relevance of the Topic section be double-spaced?:
You may use single line spacing, as in the paper formatting or double-spacing. Most submissions are single column.