Platinum Plus Supporter
All SIGCSE members are encouraged to participate in the reviewing process.
- For New Reviewers
If you are interested in reviewing papers for SIGCSE 2013, you are invited to complete the reviewer information form. Please limit yourself to areas in which you feel somewhat expert. The system will automatically ask you to consider the areas carefully if you choose more than four.
- For Those Who Have Previously Reviewed
All people currently listed in the reviewer database will receive an e-mail message in August with their current recorded information.
- If you would like to update your information in the database, go to the reviewer information form by Friday, September 7, 2012. Please select your areas of reviewing carefully, limiting yourself to areas in which you have expertise.
- If for some reason you do not want to continue as a reviewer, please send e-mail to email@example.com using "Remove Reviewer from SIGCSE Database" as the message subject, and include your name, reviewer number, and password in the message body.
Submissions are reviewed according to categories indicated by the authors. Reviewers will be assigned no more than three papers or six submissions of another type, based on their indicated subject areas of expertise. At least four reviewers are assigned to each. Papers are only available in electronic PDF format. Reviewers must use a Web browser and software capable of displaying PDF documents (For example: Adobe Reader).
The reviewing process has 3 simple steps:
- When reviews are assigned, you will be sent the reference numbers for each submission you are reviewing along with a reminder of your reviewer ID and password. Become familiar with the review criteria by looking at the proposal review forms for each category of submission.
- Read through the collections of example review text for the types of submissions you are reviewing. Included are examples of comments for good, useful reviews.
- Guidelines for Reviewers of Paper Submissions
- Guidelines for Reviewers of Panel Submissions
- Guidelines for Reviewers of Special Session Submissions
- Guidelines for Reviewers of Workshop Submissions
- Guidelines for Reviewers of Birds of a Feathers (BOFs) Submissions
- Guidelines for Reviewers of Poster Submissions
- Access your assigned submission(s) through the submission viewing form. You may review the submission on-line or print it for review at your leisure.
If your browser does not open a submission automatically, try saving the file with a .pdf extension and opening it with Adobe Reader (or another PDF file viewer). See the Reviewers FAQ section for additional information.
- After reviewing, complete a report for each submission. Submit Reviews by logging into the online review site.
Note: All reviews will be distributed anonymously to both the author(s) and reviewers of that submission. This will give the author feedback and provide information to reviewers as well. It is hoped that, over time, this feedback will help make the review process more consistent as reviewers can compare their responses to those of others.
If you have questions about paper submissions send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Kris Nagel and J.D. Dougherty).