SIGCSE Board Elections
Every three years ACM holds elections for seven positions on the SIGCSE Executive Board which oversees the entire SIGCSE organization, namely Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and three at-large members. The previous SIGCSE Chair serves on each Executive Board as the Immediate Past Chair. A description of each position is found in the SIGCSE by-laws: https://sigcse.org/policies/bylaws.html. To hold a Board position, one must be a professional member of both ACM and SIGCSE.
The SIGCSE election committee invites nominations of professional members of ACM and SIGCSE for the positions. The term of elected service is July 2022 through June 2025, and nominations should be received by the end of the day
The nomination should include:
- (If not a self-nomination): The name of the nominator, nominator’s institutional affiliation (or indication that there is none), email address, and relationship to the nominee.
- Candidate name, institutional affiliation (or indication that there is none), and email address
- Identification of the particular position(s), if any, for which the candidate wishes to be considered
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement of involvement in SIGCSE and/or other organizations related to computing education
- A brief statement (1500 characters maximum) indicating how the candidate intends to contribute to the SIGCSE Board and the global SIGCSE community if elected
The committee would like to see a diverse set of candidates for the election slate, with broad representation of geography, sex/gender, race/ethnicity, and institutional type. Self-nominations are highly encouraged, and all nominations will be treated confidentially.
Please contact any member of the committee if you have questions.
- Aleata Hubbard Cheuoua, WestEd, USA (email@example.com)
- Michelle Craig, University of Toronto, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Adrienne Decker, University at Buffalo, USA (current SIGCSE chair – email@example.com)
- Amber Settle, DePaul University, USA (SIGCSE immediate past chair and SIGCSE election committee chair – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Simon, The University of Newcastle, Australia (email@example.com)
- Neena Thota, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jan Vahrenhold, WWU Münster, Germany (email@example.com)